Monday, February 7, 2011

sho-coo-la-la

That's chocolate, if you're Fu Fu.


My computer is on the brink of death, and while I could potentially work in my bedroom, it is way warmer in here and I’d rather type a short entry and be warm than type in my room. I was planning on making a very long update today, talking about a number of things, but as my time is short I think I might just list them out so that I don’t forget to elaborate on them later. If this list makes no sense to you, that’s okay, it will in time ☺

1. guys in store entries. They lean.
2. Sharmander (like charmander!) and lift are my new favorite food.
3. Hipster Jordanians. They exist – I think.
4. Why are they called faculties?
5. My Contemporary Arab Women Writers professor
6. Finding the classroom for Contemporary Arab Women Writers
7. The cold.
8. Shay. I could spend weeks talking about shay.
9. The superbowl is non-existent in Jordan except for the 5ish CIEE boys who rented hotel rooms to watch it at 2 o’clock in the morning
10. Fun story: the electricity went out (ugh, Masr) and so we were just sitting in the living room waiting for it to go back on so we could go sit next to the heater in the other room, and it finally went back on, so we went to our room and our host mom comes in with a bowl of jarred or canned strawberries and says “to heat you up before bed.” And Brooke and I said shukran, took the bowl, and then sat there thinking “wtf” which is becoming more and more a typical reaction for us whenever we are handed food. The gist of the story is: why would strawberries “heat us up?”
My fingers are cold. I promise promise PROMISE to elaborate more later.

Beth
p.s. If you are at Denison, go to the Gilpatrick talk on Egypt – I want to know what you all in the States are thinking about the situation in the Middle East!

2 comments:

  1. You got me All excited when I saw the post and saw the word charmander... but it wasn't actually about charmander or a verification of my hypothesis. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Love you! I was going to go to the talk on Egypt. I even RSVPed. But then I just un-RSVPed...bahhh too much to do. <3

    ReplyDelete